Saturday, June 20, 2009

Holding back, no more.

I feel like in my life I have cared so much about trying to please everyone around me it took a while to find my own voice. I used to be really shy and timid, at least until I was comfortable around someone. I didn't like to be put on the spot or called out in front of a group of people. The attention embarrassed me. Now I am like, "hey guess what, hey listen to me, HEY! I am talking!" Ha ha. OK, maybe not that bad but I am more assertive and likely to speak my mind.


In the past couple of years I have gotten to know myself better. I can't say that I have completely found myself but I am on my way. I used to hate being alone, now I quite enjoy my own company. Does this mean I am old? I don't feel old. Here is what I think it means, I am at peace. It's settled, I am not old I am just peaceful. Right?





I am off to the Saturday market for some fresh flowers and live music. Have a relaxing and wonderful day!

7 comments:

  1. No I dont think it means we're getting old...I think it means we're growing up.

    Love you lady. Have fun today!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely at peace :)...and growing up :)...i can completely relate and have found myself saying the same thing sometimes....

    embrace it and enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hopefully we gain more peace as we grow

    ReplyDelete
  4. I realized the same thing. I don't care if I'm alone walking inside the mall, buying groceries, looking at books. I actually enjoy not having someone with me all the time, because you feel comfortable just as is and you have all the time for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liz said it right. Nothing wrong with growing up. You can always revert to a childlike state when the situation calls for it. Like when you whine for your hubs to get up with the bambino even though it's your turn. Ah ha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going through this a bit right now as well. It's a good thing, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoying your own company just means you love and accept yourself... From what I see in this blog, you are anything but old. Delightful, sparkling, childlike, exciting...

    ReplyDelete